Sunday, January 3, 2010

7th letter to J.K.Rowling !!!

Dear J.K.Rowling, 28-12-06



I am Suchismita (23 years old) from India & I am a crazy fan of your wonderful creation the legend Harry Potter. I didn’t get any response from you after I sent my last letter to you. Well, I perfectly know that it was a huge favour I asked you for; I mean I should have realized that even writing a few words to your fan would be a real trouble for you now. On one side you have to complete the next & probably the last volume of the magical series of HARRY POTTER, on the other side you have to give time to your family, to your friends & also to the entire media. The whole world is seeking your attention; you have to deal with probably millions of fan mails on the daily basis. But still you don’t complain, you treat all of them in a nice, warm & in such an organized manner. I guess that now you are facing trouble to sort out time even for yourself. In this respect, only five words are coming out of my mouth “Hat’s off to you ma’am”. You are not only a successful author, but a successful celebrity, a successful mother & a successful wife & last of all a successful woman. The proof of all of these is just in front of our eyes. The Harry Potter books & its enormous success throughout the globe is the sole reflector of your fantastic writing ability & the imaginative mind & the lovely, happy family of yours is the sole indicator of your successful motherhood & wifehood, because only a woman is able to bind her entire family under a roof with love, care & selflessness. But the bottom-line is that all these success is solely earned by you yourself, after a lot of agony, lot of tears & a lot of struggle. It’s your mental strength that gave you the power to enlighten your quality, your talent & spread it across the wide & vast world. So I can tell you that with being the crazy fan of your creation Harry Potter, I am your fan too. I respect you & admire you from the bottom of my heart.


Today I am not at all writing to you just because I didn’t get any reply of my letter from you, but I am writing to you because I just have to share my feelings, my thoughts about the novel Harry Potter with somebody special & who could possibly be the better person than the creator herself? It’s not about any confusion, neither any prediction. This is about my feelings, a very strange one in fact. Even I am unable to give this feeling a particular name. Perhaps it’s about the feeling of joy or sadness or of suspense or a mixture of all those things. I don’t know. Ultimately the end is approaching, the ultimate curtain is about to be lifted up to reveal all the answers, all the explanations to different mysteries of the magical world of Harry Potter. Once again, we will be able to explore the entire Hogwarts castle & ground with Harry & his companions. Once again we will be immersed in the magical world & will enjoy the electrifying thrill of it. So, naturally I should be excited for getting a chance like that again, after waiting two long years, which, by the way, seems like two millions years. I am excited, no doubt about it, but not that excited as I was, during the time of the release of all the previous volumes. Well, it’s because of the fact that the release bell is also indicating that the dead end has ultimately came. So my soul is sort of torn into two parts, between the happiness, joy, excitement for being with Harry once again & an absolute deep & silent grief to face the dead end of Harry Potter & his world. I have been waiting so long, I’ve wanted this last book to be released more than anything else, I was dying to know what will happen next, but when it comes in front of me at last, I, somehow, don’t want to face it. A little part of my soul still want to wait & still want to feel the thrill, the charm to the unknown which is coming & going to be revealed in front of it. In one word, it still want to be assured by the fact that there is more to come, more magic, more fun & more & more Harry & Hogwarts. It really feels good to wait for something good. I know that everything has a start & has an end too. If we welcome the sparkling start, we must accept the end gracefully. But still, it’s mortal human heart, which just doesn’t want to let go. I know that Harry & probably a couple of my beloved characters are going to die in this last volume, as you hinted strongly. Well these would be grievous no doubt, but I personally believe that a person is dead only when he or she is vanished from the heart of the living people, not just because they left this earth physically and I don’t believe that it is ever possible for Harry & his entire world to be abolished or to be forgotten from the heart of the people around the globe. It is next to impossible. For all these years, starting from the birth of Harry potter novel, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Neville, Ginny, Dumbledore, Sirius, Lupin even Draco, Snape, Voldemort , precisely all the characters of the wizarding world & the magic world itself, created a deep impact to every soul of the mankind. It touches the most sensitive, most secret & most precious part of human heart with such a delicacy that it makes Harry & his companions as the nearest & dearest ones to all. But, well, life is not the bed of roses all the times, thorns are scattered here & there to make you bleed. Dear & near ones not remain all the time with us. They have to leave us sometime & beneath this departure lay the absolute truth of the life that life never stops; it continues to flow on through its path in the very same manner, offering happiness, joy & smiles sometimes & grief, pain &tears, some other times. This small but absolute truth will be reflecting through the graceful end of this novel. According to me, this is the beauty of this novel, that it actually is introducing the children to the real world which is not at all “& they live happily ever after kind of story. So, in this way the young generation around the globe is learning to accept any kind of mishaps bravely, if it ever comes to their lives. One thing I must mention here, that you explained the feeling of Harry about the recent loss of his beloved godfather Sirius Black in a manner, which is just so real & so accurate. I mean none; I repeat absolutely none can describe that particular mental state with that perfection. Well, unless, she or he has gone through the same situation. Yes, I feel that it is your own grief, your own personal mental state, during the time you lost your beloved, respected, caring mother, which is reflected through Harry’s grief & mental state about Sirius & during the time of the Dumbledore’s death too. This touched the deepest bit of my soul & made my eyes full with tears. I am sorry to remind you the painful incident, but I just had to, just couldn’t restrain myself from saying it to you. Well, ma’am you’d be glad to know that it is your novel, your creation that introduces me to the world of “love”. Yes, I am in love with one of the characters of your novel – Remus. J. Lupin. This is the first time ever that I feel in that way for any fictitious character, but it seems so real, he seems so real in fact. At first I wondered what had happened to me. Am I crazy or just queer? But slowly & steadily I understand that I am falling in love with the man with a great heart, shabby & patched robes but brilliant eyes & a sharp mind. I simply love him. So thanks a million for presenting me the greatest gift of all the time, “love”.


Well, I think that’s all I had to say to you or more precisely, that’s all that I have managed to say to you from probably infinite things which I want to say. I know, I shouldn’t ask for any reply, for your enormous hectic schedule, but still can’t prevent myself from begging at least for a few lines from you. I’ll be extremely happy & grateful if you do that. Please give your family my good wishes & take care of yourself too & may this X-Mas brings lots of joy to your family & may the New Year be the most magical one for you & your family. I’ll be waiting eagerly for your few lines & my eagerness will be a lot more than that of Harry’s when he was waiting for Sirius’s letter or waiting for the letter of Ron & Hermione at the beginning of the book Harry Potter & the order of phoenix. Lastly, I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for going through my thoughts & spending time to read my letter. Thanking you.


With lots of love,
(~~~~~~~~~~)

No comments: